Unfinished Business Volume 3 continues Luke Solomon’s modest ambition to position himself as the DJ/shop assistant/curator you always dreamt about, unearthing rare gems and previously unavailable records from the likes of Neville Watson, Lewis Boardman, Eddie Fowlkes, U.P.I and plenty more.
Along with his recently re-launched Business As Usual: Live from the Washhouse radio show, Unfinished Business sees Solomon acting as informed selector for all your musical needs. A mixture of Classic and material external to the label, Unfinished Business distils his wandering sets, the conclusion of a honest belief that his years of experience should sit as a reason for – not against – reviving pure, DJ mixes.
Say Solomon of the selection process: “Trying to achieve the balance of the old and the sought-after, the current and the fresh, I was able to track down the owners of the legendary Tak records and dig deeper into their unreleased material, including Kat Williams & Collis King ‘Hexodus’, which needed some splicing as it only existed as a three minute demo.
“Similarly, the joy of tracking down Mark Mendoza aka 280 West and getting hold of ‘Scattered Dreams’ - one of the records I first heard at Back to Basics many, many years ago - was immense.”
Other cuts worth of mention include a brand new record from the legendary Neville Watson ‘Hand Relief’ as well as various exclusive edits and remixes by Solomon himself.
Unfinished Business Volume 3 is again a mix of old, new and somewhere in the middle, with Luke back as your friendly record shop assistant – hopefully turning you on to things you may not have otherwise had the chance to hear.
Unfinished Business Volume 3 compiled & mixed by Luke Solomon is out 19 April (digital) on Classic Music Company - order from iTunes
01. King Britt Presents Firefly featuring Ursula Rucker ‘Supernatural’ (Accapella)
02. K.D.G. ‘Hey’
03. Paolo Rocco ‘Move Body, Move Forward’ (Luke Solomon’s Body Edit)
King Britt Presents Firefly featuring Ursula Rucker ‘Supernatural’ (Accapella)
05. Berkson & What featuring JoJo De Freq ‘Make It True’ (Luke Solomon Remix 4 Turnings)
06. Home & Garden featuring Diz ‘Parliament’ (Beats & Scat Mix)
07. Barbara Tucker ‘I Get Lifted’ (Duck Beats)
08. Kat Williams & Collis King ‘Hexodus’ (Dub - Luke's Solomon’s Body Edit)
09. Luke Solomon featuring Nick Maurer ‘The Acid Games’
10. Wadsworth ‘Lime and Pink’ (Luke’s Bass Revision)
11. U.P.I. ‘Without Love’ (Luke Solomon’s Alternative Edit)
12. 280 West ‘Scattered Dreams’ ("Boom Chocka-Boom" Mix)
13. Clyde featuring Capitol A ‘Serve It Up!’ (Brooks HipHouse Mix)
14. Shaun J. Wright & Alinka ‘What You Feel, What You Love’
15. Jordan ‘Second Wind’
16. Lewis Boardman ‘Work on Me’ (Luke Solomon’s Body Edit)
01. sanXero featuring Mr. V & Louie Vega ‘Let’s Freak’ (Louie Vega Remix)
02. Johnny Fiasco ‘Werk It’ (DJ Sneak's Sneakmania Remix)
03. Luke Solomon featuring Nick Maurer ‘Dance Electric’ (Body Dub)
04. Chicago Dancefloor Voodoo ‘You Ain’t Dancin’’ (Transfusion)
05. King Britt Presents Firefly Feat. Ursula Rucker - Supernatural (Derrick Carter B.H.Q. Club Mix)
06. Jody Finch - Jack Your Big Booty (Derrick Carter’s BHQ Acid Vocal)
07. Sean Smith ‘Insania’
08. Dave Aju ‘Nu Threads’ (Freaksnuthreadsspeakeasy Remix)
09. Eddie Fowlkes ‘Something Special E’
10. Luke Solomon featuring Sam Lynham ‘Simple Things’
11. Neville Watson ‘Hand Relief’
12. Sousk ‘Pang’
13. Jordan ‘NSFW’
14. Neville Watson - Hand Relief
15. Central Executives - Dance Dance Dance (Luke Solomon Body Mix)