Graphic Designer / Web-Developer
The Graphic Designer / Web-Developer role supports two existing Graphic Designers and the wider marketing team in producing a range of creative assets across Defected’s branded content. Including music releases, events artwork & production, merchandise and more. In addition, the role includes design and frontend development of various websites across Defected’s brands, email design, and design & UX/UI support to our developers. The role is based in the Defected office in East London.
Key Role Objectives:
• Produce compelling campaign assets for record label, events and merchandise projects for use across multiple marketing and promotional channels
• Produce all creative work according to specific brand guidelines where required
• Product designs for multiple website applications and sites, including frontend development and design input on larger projects.
• Work with the marketing team to agreed briefs and approvals
• Produce a comprehensive ranges of marketing assets for all designated release projects
• Produce events creative for production and for promotional and marketing use
• Manage and maintain websites, adhering to best web design practices
• Overall creative deliverables will include:
- Sleeve artwork and packshots for both physical and digital releases
- Online and print marketing materials including digital banners
- Social media content and marketing assets
- Email / newsletter marketing materials
- Events flyers, posters and other branding materials
- Development of micro-sites to serve marketing requirements
- Design and content management on our primary site and Defected Store
- Online store promotional and marketing assets
- Internal communication documents – press releases, press packs, presentations etc
• Work with Graphic Designer and Production Manager to prepare release artwork for print production/digital distribution
• Ensure all artwork deadlines are met and files delivered in correct formats to various platforms
• Maintain central artwork filing system – release artwork, all formats, marketing, templates etc
• Play a part in pitching new ideas for new creative projects
• General creative assistance across the business
• Apply a brand marketing approach to all creative work
• Ability to work to a brief whilst remaining flexible
• A strong commercial design perspective
• A expert knowledge of current web design trends and best practices.
• Expert Adobe Creative Cloud Software (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), skills are essential
• Experience of DNS & web server management.
• Experience of backend programming would be a big plus, particularly in the PHP & Python languages and experience with Magento 2.0.
• Knowledge of UX/UI design principles would be an advantage.
• Proficiency in Sketch would also be a plus.
• Be a team player, but must also be comfortable working individually and to tight deadlines
• Passion for music
Please e-mail your CV to: email@example.com
There are currently no opportunities at present. However, we are always interested in hearing from talented individuals and are happy to keep CVs on file should suitable future opportunities arise. Please send CVs together with a covering letter to:
Additionally, from time to time we run a Voluntary Work Experience Programme, which people may apply for. Please email your CV and a covering letter to: