Following 2014’s critically acclaimed anthology, Defected presents House Masters Masters At Work Volume Two is a second landmark collection of 40 original tracks and remixes from the most remarkable discography in house music.
Masters At Work (MAW) - the ground-breaking project of Louie Vega and Kenny Dope – created a musical legacy that will last forever. MAW took the distinct and already highly praised production aesthetic of the two, and fused it with their encyclopaedic knowledge of breaks, hip-hop, disco, soul and funk. Vega & Dope crafted an accessible yet defiantly underground sound that is still being copied and referenced – but crucially never bettered – by many of today’s contemporary producers.
The sheer scale and quality of the Masters At Work catalogue means that a single volume of their music – even one that spans four CDs – doesn’t fully do it justice. This new collection digs even deeper into the MAW vaults, unearthing rare cuts and forgotten gems that even the most ardent fan may have previously overlooked. In fact, so elusive are some of the tracks included here that the masters had to be sourced directly from Louie and Kenny in order for them to be released on CD and digitally for the very first time.
Defected presents House Masters Masters At Work Volume Two further demonstrates the versatility of the duo’s productions: while Volume One focussed on the more club-ready cuts, this latest collection presents even more of the looser, downtempo vibes in which they frequently experimented and always excelled.
Tracks of particular note include Nuyorican Soul feat. George Benson 'You Can Do It Baby' (Nuyorican Style Mix) along with exemplary MAW remixes of Loose Joints 'Is It All Over My Face?', Raw Silk 'Do It To The Music' and First Choice feat. Rochelle Fleming 'Let No Man Put Asunder'.
Defected presents House Masters Masters At Work Volume Two is out 11 September 2015 (4CD and Digital) on Defected Records - pre-order the CD and exclusive MAW bundles from the DStore
Louie Vega makes his Glitterbox debut at Space Ibiza on Friday 31 July - full line-up and tickets
01. MAW presents India 'To Be In Love' (MAW ’99 Mix)
02. Nuyorican Soul 'It's Alright, I Feel It!' (M.A.W. 12" Mix)
03. Desiya 'Comin On Strong' (Spagatini Mix)
04. Masters At Work presents People Underground 'My Love' (Full Vox Mix)
05. Cajmere featuring Dajae 'Brighter Days' (Louie's Master At Work Mix)
06. Sunkids featuring Chance 'Rescue Me' (MAW Magic Sessions Mix)
07. Loose Joints 'Is It All Over My Face?' (Masters At Work Remix)
08. MAW featuring Roy Ayers 'Our Time Is Coming'
09. Soul II Soul featuring Caron Wheeler 'Back To Life (However Do You Want Me)' (Masters At Work House Remix)
10. Shanice 'I Like' (Masters At Work Main Mix)
01. Taana Gardner 'When You Touch Me' (MAW Re-edit)
02. Donna Summer 'I Feel Love' (Masters At Work 86th St Mix)
03. Incognito featuring Jocelyn Brown 'Always There' (M.A.W. Main Mix)
04. Chic 'Chic Mystique' (Club Dub)
05. ‘Little’ Louie Vega & Marc Anthony 'Ride On The Rhythm' (Masters At Work Dub)
06. Neneh Cherry 'Buddy X' (Masters At Work Dub No 1)
07. Debbie Gibson 'One Step Ahead' (Underground Mix)
08. Voices 'Voices In My Mind' (Unreleased Bass Mix)
09. Nuyorican Soul 'Mind Fluid' (Nuyorican Soul Shock Mix)
10. Roni Size / Reprazent 'Watching Windows' (Roni Size Meets Nuyorican Soul)
01. MAW presents A Tribute to Fela 'MAW Expensive'
02. Femi Kuti 'Truth Don Die' (Masters At Work House Version Main)
03. Anane featuring Mr. V 'Let Me Love You' (Masters At Work Mix)
04. MAW featuring Wunmi 'Ekabo' (Afro House Mix)
05. Tania Maria 'Come With Me' (Master At Work Remix)
06. Nina Simone 'See-Line Woman' (Masters At Work Remix)
07. George Benson 'El Barrio' (MAW Mix)
08. Raw Silk 'Do It To The Music' (MAW Remix)
09. First Choice featuring Rochelle Fleming 'Let No Man Put Asunder' (Masters At Work Remix)
10. Double Exposure 'Ten Percent' (Ken Lou Mix)
01. Nuyorican Soul featuring George Benson 'You Can Do It (Baby)' (Nuyorican Style Mix)
02. 4hero 'Star Chasers' (Nu Yorican Dub)
03. Kele Le Roc 'You Did It Good' (Masters At Work Remix)
04. Bebe Winans 'Brand New Dance' (Extended Mix)
05. India 'You Should Be Loving Me' (Wicked Dub)
06. Lonnie Gordon 'Bad Mood' (MK & Masters At Work's Bass Hit)
07. Deee-Lite 'Runaway' (Masters At Work Dubb)
08. Black Magic 'Let It Go' (Ken Lou Mix)
09. Eternal 'What’Cha Gonna Do' (Masters At Work Dub)
10. Ralphi Rosario featuring Xaviera Gold 'You Used To Hold Me' (Masters at Work Main Pass)